Saturday, April 17, 2010

Pushing too hard

The hubster bought me Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2010 the other day.  I decided to give it a shot last night, but foolishly chose one of the 'pre-made' exercise routines (part of the 'resolutions' part of the game) rather than putting together one of my own or doing a few carefully selected individual exercises and I am seriously paying for it today.  I knew it was too much for me about 10 minutes in but kept pushing becausing I have this stupid need to succeed at everything and can't admit it when I've bitten off more than I can chew.  I started modifying some of the exercises part way through to make them a little gentler but it was still too much.  I could barely walk down the stairs this morning and after a naproxen and two extra-strength acetaminophen I'm only just at the 'bearable' stage.

The really lousy part of all of this is it's going to throw  me off my yoga routine for at least a couple of days.  Also, I was supposed to start some upper-back strength training at physio on Wednesday but we're probably going to have to spend the appointment doing damage control because last night's 'overdoing it' will likely set of a flare of epic proportions.

Are you guilty of pushing yourself to far because you can't admit defeat?

No comments:

Post a Comment