Saturday, April 10, 2010

IMS for Fibromyalgia

So far, hands down, IMS (Intramuscular Stimulation) has been the best find for me in terms of what helps manage my fibromyalgia symptoms.  I actually started having IMS to treat some specific injuries unrelated to the FM but as that treatment progressed I realized the effect that it was having on the FM pain and started asking my physiotherapist to treat my whole back and not just the specific areas and holy moly was that life changing.  I will go from having difficulty getting up and down the stairs and being unable to stand, sit, or lie in any position one day to running up and down the stairs and being able to clean my whole house in a few hours the next day.  It really is amazing.  However, the effects don't last very long.  I think if I could go every week it would probably be just about right to keep me functioning well most of the time.  Unfortunately, that's both cost and time prohibitive at this point.  I'm going every four to six weeks when I get so bad that working, taking care of my family, and studying have become next to impossible and I'm forced to take some 'me' time to get back on track.

Happy to answer any questions about my experiences with this treatment.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment